Realistic Composite Decking Reviews
One of the most popular decking choices on the market is Ultradecking. Despite its price, more people are using it instead of traditional wooden materials. But the question is, is it as good as people say? Where can I get realistic composite decking reviews?
Why Choose Composite Decking?
Composite decking has many advantages over your regular wooden decking, which makes them worth it despite the higher cost. Composite decking is also arguably better than plastic decking in many ways. Here are some of the best advantages of composites.
- Composites last for decades – Wooden decking can only last for a couple of years. A well-maintained wooden decking can last around 15 years. That’s considerably short-lived compared to composites. Composite decking can last at least 25 years, with some companies promising 30 years of warranty.
- Composites decking is low-maintenance – Much like plastic decking, composite decking is easy to maintain. You don’t need to put extra care and attention to keep it at its best quality. Unlike wood, it doesn’t require staining, sealing, and painting, which adds to the total upkeep cost. For composite decking, all you have to do is wash it in the water a few times. However, you will need to clean it thoroughly at least once in six months to remove dirt and prevent mould growth.
- Composite boards look like real wood – One advantage of wood over plastic is its natural-looking appearance. Most of the composites in the market can be mistaken as wood. There are even boards with wood grain textures to give it an authentic feel. It also comes in different shades and colours.
- Composite decking has superior durability – When it comes to durability, very few can come close to composites. It can stand against weather damage, from rain, snow, to the harsh UV rays of the sun, better than most materials. Composites also don’t rot, warp, or splinter, which is a common issue with wooden decking. Finally, composite decking can support a lot of weight due to their density, making them an excellent option for floating decking.
The Disadvantages of Composite Decking
Of course, it wouldn’t be realistic if composites don’t have any disadvantages. The truth is, all materials have weaknesses. Here are some of the most notable disadvantages of composites.
- Price – As previously mentioned, composites are a little pricier than most decking options. Expect to spend almost twice as much compared to wood decking boards. They are also slightly more expensive than most plastic boards.
- Can’t be Painted – Many manufacturers don’t recommend painting their products. Because of this, you’ll need to choose carefully before buying your decking boards. The good news is, most composites don’t fade as much as other types of decking.
- Heavyweight – Because of their density, most composite boards are heavier than usual decking boards. If you’re planning to build a decking all by yourself, you may want to consider asking for a hand or two when working with composites. There are hollowed composites, which are lighter than regular ones. However, depending on your location, it may be harder to find than solid decking boards.
Of course, to decide whether to use composites or not, you’ll have to consider whether its advantages outweigh the disadvantages. In most cases, composite decking is worth it.
Best Brands of Composite Decking
With the popularity of composite decking, you’ll find many varieties and brands of composite decking boards in the market. But with many brands available, which are the ones you should choose?
Some decking board brands are well-known for their quality. Many are familiar with Trex and Timbertech, which are both leaders in composite decking. However, aside from these, there are many other excellent options available. For instance, for value for your money, Ultradecking is one of the best choices.
They are cheaper than other brands but offer the same quality. Ultra Decking boards also come with at least 15 years of warranty, which often come with a 10-year full replacement warranty. When looking to buy boards, remember to look for good realistic composite decking reviews and a balance of price and quality.